[olug] Confused

Tom huber28 at cox.net
Sun Sep 21 15:16:19 UTC 2003

Thanks Brian,

rpm -q gtk+-1.2.10-22.i386.rpm
gives me "package not installed

rpm -qa | grep -i gtk+-1.2.10-22.i386.rpm
runs for a bit then just gives another prompt, like it is doing something
but nothing shows.

The app is a PSK31 program for communications on HF with digital.  I am a
Amateur radio opr and it is one of the modes I operate on.  I even thought
the package had a problem so I deleted it and went to redown load it and it
is a 0 size file now so will have to go get it again.

Tom
---

Tom - does a rpm -q "packagename" show anything? "packagename" is not the
filename of the rpm,
but the package itself ; e.g. "rpm -q gtk" - even better how does this
command look:

rpm -qa | grep -i gtk

That should give us some clues where the problem is, btw - what is the app
you are trying to install that
requires gtk?