[olug] Kernel panic

G.M. mescie at cox.net
Sat Sep 20 15:59:28 UTC 2003

I got into linux and got up to mount -o rw but it won't let me edit
/etc/fstab it says vi is an unknown command.....any idea why?On a seperate
know I liked the basic editor pico but it's no longer available in mandrake
9.1,I downloaded a similar program but I haven't used my computer in so long
I forgot it's name so I can't call it up to use it.Anyone have any idea what
I'm talking about?I moved my drives around so both dvd drives wouldn't be on
the same IDE channel in the hope that I would be able to read a dvd +rw disk
that I put 4.5 gigs of data on,some of it irreplaceable financial data and
pictures (luckily it  was just a backup disk) Anyway after all the moving
around I still can't read it.

        Gary Martin