[olug] Kernel panic

G.M. mescie at cox.net
Sat Sep 20 04:12:58 UTC 2003

Hi

I rearranged the drives in my computer now upon bootup I get this error message>Kernel panic:No init found.Try passing init=option to kernel.My drives were IDE primary=80 GB HDD master,20 GB HDD slave and IDE secondary dvd writer master,dvd drive slave.Now it is IDE primary 80 GB HDD master,dvd writer slave IDE secondary 20 GB HDD master,dvd drive slave.I'm pretty sure the problem is due to my changing the drives around so now linux doesn't know where to find the right drive.What do I need to pass to the kernel to boot up and once I'm in linux how can I fix this?If I can at all.

                Thanks,Gary Martin