[olug] CVS vs Subversion OLUG presentation & other upcoming topics

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Sep 17 06:17:27 UTC 2003

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 06:56 PM, OBrien, Timothy (Omaha
Linux Users Group - OLUG) wrote:
> Since Bill Kempf & Mac Petras asked - do we have some individuals who
> can
> & are willing to present on CVS and/or/vs Subversion in November,
> December, or January?

I could play around w/ CVS and ViewCVS in front of a small crowd.

http://www.cvshome.org/
http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/

My emphasis would be on *using* them for programmer/admin purposes, not
on installing/configuring on 32 different platforms. If someone wants
to volunteer a server (Linux, Apache) anywhere and give me a
username/password I'd be happy to install the systems in advance for
demo. Otherwise I can slap 'em on my unreliable RedHat box at my house
on non-standard ports. Does OLUG need/want an official CVS repository?

Omaha Perl Mongers: http://omaha.pom.org