[olug] Knopix/Debian

Tom huber28 at cox.net
Wed Sep 17 02:58:30 UTC 2003

I thought the same thing but when I tried whereis gcc I got the following:
gcc:
I tried gcc -v and it could not find gcc to give me a version.

I appreciate the help.  It is frustrating but I am trying to learn as I go
and that is the primary reason for trying Linux.  I tried to put it on my
Toshiba laptop and could not get it to recognize the PCMCIA slots and from
there would not recognize the nic card.  Since this box (266 gateway) is on
the home network and the only thing I use it for is digital comm on HF radio
(and there is Linux versions of the software if I could install it) I will
be able to use it and learn at the same time.

Tom