[olug] Ulimit defaults

Andrew Holm-Hansen olug at einer.org
Tue Sep 16 14:55:39 UTC 2003

I imagine this would be the wrong place to put this command, but I use
/etc/rc.d/rc.local to run stuff like that.

The file comments seem to suggest that this isn't the worst place to put
it, but there may be better.

#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

The linux startup sequence has been a mystery to me for some time now.
I'm having my own issues with ~/.profile not behaving as expected.  In
fact, my prompt has been screwy for so long that I'm trained to

source ~/.profile

every time I start a new shell.

don't know if that was what you were looking for,

good luck,

Andrew