[olug] CVS

Mac Petras Mac at PetrasWeb.com
Fri Sep 12 20:48:14 UTC 2003

Well, considering the discussion about using CVS for sys config
files, perhaps CVS would do as well? I've looked into Subversion,
and while it sounds great.....the projects is not exactly moving
quickly. FWIW, my preference would be to run something known,
"tried/true", tested and well supported, so CVS seems to fit the
bill.....for me anyway......

Added to that, many apps are stored in CVS on the net. I'm always
running against the "you can get the most recent version from CVS
at.....", so no matter what, as Linux Admins, etc - I would think
knowing the basics would be good for anyone.....