[olug] CVS

William E. Kempf wekempf at cox.net
Fri Sep 12 20:33:08 UTC 2003

Mac Petras said:
> I'm just starting to look at CVS, and that got me thinking....
>
> Would this be a good topic for someone to present at the next
> OLUG meeting?

If there's developers, they might be interested... though I suspect they'd
already know enough about this topic.  For the rest of you, you'd be
better served with a discussion about Subversion.  Subversion should be
easier to deal with for newbies to SCM, since it doesn't have a lot of
restrictions that are present in CVS (for instance, Subversion tracks
directory changes as well as file changes, which is something that newbies
expect and have a difficult time dealing with the CVS work arounds).

Then again, Subversion isn't 1.0 yet (despite it's stability and use by
many in production environments), so maybe there'd still be some interest
in CVS...

--
William E. Kempf