[olug] eye strain

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 04:23:38 UTC 2003

Thanks everybody who has replied!

I've read everyone's advice, and I began making some changes today at work.
I've set a reoccuring alarm to go off every hour so I'm reminded to take a few
minutes break for my eyes.  I also made sure I didn't have any glare on the
screen this morning (I didn't see any).

We have parabolic light fixtures at work, so cuts down on extraneous light.

I also read that your monitor should be 7-10 inches below your line of sight,
so I pumped my chair up Jetson style today.

I found several "eye strain" articles by Googling -- some of that stuff above
is from those articles.  I've some more reading to do...

I haven't bought an LCD monitor yet, so another quick question:
Which would you buy?
#1 Mitsubishi 15" LCD - $250
#2 SVA (www.sva-usa.com) 15" LCD - $230
#3 Kogi (www.4kogi.com) 14.1" LCD - $150