[olug] KVM switch help

Steve Busby Steve at Busby.com
Tue Sep 9 00:11:41 UTC 2003

On Monday 08 September 2003 10:36 am, Kenton Brede wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:21:22PM -0500, Tom wrote:
> > I had to abandon my system as the KVM switch would not play right with
> > anything but 2000 and 98 on my PC's.
> > I tried 95 and Linux to no avail and don't have room for second monitor
> > and keyboard.  Does anybody have any idea on a work around?  as I would
> > really like to learn more on Linux and possible switch more over to it.
> > Any help or advise would be appreciated.
>
> Just received this so I'm a little behind but you could try -
> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/doc-user.html
>
> Alternatively you could buy a better KVM switch.  I've had good luck
> with Belkin Omni View.
>
> You could also install both OSs on your drive(s) and dual boot or run a
> disto such as Knoppix off CDROM.
> Kent

Ahh, but Kenton, read his original post again, "and don't have room for second
monitor".  Synergy is a KM (keyboard/mouse)  manager only, you still need two
(or more) monitors.

Try Jason's suggestion first, get the boxes working without the KVM switch,
power all down, then reinstall.  What type of KVM switch do you have?

--
BuzB

Registered Linux User 216668 on
Registered Machine 189657 at
http://counter.li.org
Current System Stats:
Linux 2.4.21-0.13mdk #1 Fri Mar 14 15:08:06 EST 2003 i686
 19:08:00 up 22:14,  4 users,  load average: 1.50, 1.33, 1.24
Seti work units completed: 13586
Seti client running: 22:00:55
Percentage complete: 14.5565
Last result returned: (Mon Sep  8 20:52:22 2003)