[olug] Backup of Windows workstation(s) to Linux server...

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Mon Sep 8 23:44:39 UTC 2003

<quote who="Daniel G. Linder">
> Hello!
>
> P.S. What have you found as an inexpensive tape drive for use at home?
> My last tape drive was an old floppy connected tape drive and each tape
> only held 250MB!  Is there a tape drive in the sub-$150 range which is
> either IDE or SCSI attached and holds 4+GB on a tape?

Hello Dan!

I suggest you find a used tape backup, like from the one of the vendors at
the upcoming computer fair, Electronic Recyclers, or one of the small PC
stores in town. Hell, I might have an extra laying around for ya!

Have you also considered backing up to CD or DVD media?

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson