[olug] KVM switch help

Jason Mollner jjmollner at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:00:11 UTC 2003

This probably doesn't help but I use a kvm switch with win xp pro, 2
debians and a win 98 with no problems.  Its a belkin model with usb
connections (no ps/2).

I always thought a properly functioning kvm should be invisible to the OS,
so the following shouldn't be necessary....but...I'd try hooking everything
directly up to your computer(s) so it can all be autodetected and then try
running it through a kvm again.  You may also try updating your firmware.

How exactly didn't it work?    It would help if I knew exactly what errors
you were getting.