[olug] Router Network

nate tbrownarcher at cox.net
Mon Sep 8 05:01:45 UTC 2003

I have had a 3 lan card setup for 2 computers one on the internet through a
cable modem.  I just bought a 4 port router and / instructions i set it up.
I booted linux (mandrake 9.1) and I'm on the internet with this machine.  I'm
amazed.  I thought I would have hours of frustration and such to get it to
work.  Is this normal?

I also have a win 98 partition on this machine and another win 98 machine so I
don't know what is going to happen when I try to connect to the internet with
them and I dont' know what is going to happen when I try to read from this
one to the other one yet so I'm not completely out of the woods yet but it's
a greater start than I have ever had...

Thanks,
Nate