[olug] eye strain

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sun Sep 7 23:57:25 UTC 2003

I would also Google for “computer ergonomics” - muuch of the eye strain
you can also handle with proper placement & lighting of the work area; and
procuring a good monitor filter.

Just getting a LCD for your PC will not totally cure your issues; you
still need to resolve the proper placement  & lighting.

With computer ergonomics they should also talk about taking frequent
breaks for your eyes & the rest of your body. I try to structure my day
with what tasks are at my desk for a bit, then over at my workbench, then
the server rack, etc etc etc. Different lighting, sitting/standing
positions, distributing out the repetitive tasks helps keep the stress &
strain to a minimal.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson