[olug] sneaking OSS into the workplace

thelarsons3 at cox.net thelarsons3 at cox.net
Thu Oct 30 20:37:59 UTC 2003

Along the lines of the next presentation, where can a guy find good reviews of OSS that meets common business software needs?  I'd like to point out some of the benefits of OSS, but so far my boss has not been overly receptive.  I can always scour freshmeat and evaluate on my own, but that can be very time-consuming and in a one-man IT department it's not realistic.  The pressure is just to buy some known proprietary package.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to encounter this.  What do you guys do?  Is there a website for this sort of thing that I'm just not aware of?  At the moment I'm looking for inventory management s/w, BTW.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim & Alethea