[olug] RH Linux Enterprise version 3 now available

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Thu Oct 30 17:57:43 UTC 2003

This info on Oracle DB performance is first-hand experience.  Oracle
cannot use more than 1.7GB memory or use asynch I/O on regular RH7.2.
It can on RH AS and it really makes a difference that I've noticed.

I don't have formal benchmark numbers to share, so feel free to take my
experience with a grain of salt :)

Nick Walter