[olug] RH Linux Enterprise version 3 now available

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Thu Oct 30 15:56:47 UTC 2003

I use the enterprise version of RH for databases (Advanced Server 2.1)
and it is worth every penny.  When you plan to spend over $150k on
server hardware + database licenses the cost of Enterprise RH is
trivial.  Keep in mind that high cost comes with excellent 24/7 tech
support.

Also the RH enterprise kernels are awesome for database use.  Just be
changing a few kernel config items and patching in better BIGMEM and
asynch I/O, the enterprise kernel will double the performance of an
Oracle database over a stock kernel.  It even quadruples performance in
some i/o intense tests.

Nick Walter