[olug] new to Samba

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Oct 29 00:33:13 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:56:32 -0500
<thelarsons3 at cox.net> wrote:

|> I imagine your running the new samba 3.0, and though I don't have any
|
|2.0.9.  I can almost hear the response now:  get the latest version!  :)

uhhh... yeah!  =)
lol, where the heck did you dig up that old thing? omg! thats got to be
SOO insecure, especially with the remote root exploits out last spring.
No point in really troubleshooting such an old version of samba, def need
to get a newer version.

and I've never really used the sbmclient command as an interpreter, I
always just used it to list shares avail, then mount the share to my local
filesystem to do anything with it. hth.

peace

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru