[olug] Remote Mandrake Update

Ed Carlsen edcarlsen at cox.net
Tue Oct 28 03:13:53 UTC 2003

Help!
Some (other) volunteers at my church set up a Mandrake 9.1 server
behind a router. They want (me) run a web page over the Qwest DSL line so they gave me the root password and used the router to redirect the SSH port (22?) to the mandrake box, so I have a console connection. No GUI interface.
The church is normally locked so physical access is tough.
They did not (and do not want) to redirect any other port, this rules out webmin.
Apache2 is running but not PHP or mySQL.
I want to remotely load and install PHP and MySQL using urpmi
but I believe it will ask for the CDROM's. Is there any way to disable loading of software from the CDROM and force an internet download and install?

Thanks for any ideas