[olug] REVOLUTION OS - Nov 19th

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Oct 27 17:53:15 UTC 2003

Hello all,

Just to let you know, the University of Nebraska at Omaha Student Chapter
of the Association for Computing Machinery (UNO ACM) will be hosting a
free showing of the independent film REVOLUTION OS by J.T.S. Moore on
Wednesday November 19th.

The film will start at 8:30pm in the Peter Kiewit Institute Room 279,
which is just on the soutwest corner of the 67th and Pacific Street
intersection (south of Elmwood park).   The film basically covers the
background behind the GNU/Linux and open source movement, with interviews
with key players such as Richard M. Stallman, Linus Torvalds, and Eric S.
Raymond.  I will also provide a brief synopsis before the film to get your
feet wet.  If you've always wanted to hear more of the "story behind the
movement", this is your opportunity.

Seating may be limited, so come a little early and we'll make sure we have
a spot for you.  Please pass this announcement along as you see fit, tell
your friends. =)

For more information:
http://acm.unomaha.edu/events.shtml
http://www.revolution-os.com/
(the film can also be ordered online as a region/css free DVD)

thanks, peace, cheers
Brian

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru