[olug] Anybody tried "chandler" yet?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Thu Oct 16 08:16:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:09:52 -0500
Dave Thacker <dthacker9 at cox.net> wrote:

|seems they all want calendars, need calendars, can't live without...
|calendars.  I've been keeping my eye out for the mythical "Exchange
|Killer" app, and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't exist.
|Ximian looked hopeful, but who knows what Novell will do with it.
|Nobody seems interested in web-based solution.

Yeah, I wish I knew what was wrong with web-based calendars?  If you want
something like a calendar, that you can access easily from several
places... I would assume we are talking about a web-based solution here.
Why go through the hassle of having a 'calendaring' program on your
computer?  I'm kinda glad most all of the open source groupware apps I've
seen are all web-based.  If they could do 'single sign-on' with the user
somehow when they open the calendar functions, that would be golden.

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru