[olug] reading charts and grafts question

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Thu Oct 16 04:15:33 UTC 2003

Francis Geiger wrote:
> I subscribe to Investors Business Daily and they have stock charts for
> stock performance. When I try to view a stock chart the web site informs
> me I need to have "windows".  [snip...]  Is there a way for me to open the charts with out
> windows? Thanks for any help  Grant

Sometimes simply using Konqueror or Opera and configuring them to
identify themselves as a Windows OS using some verions of IE will solve
this problem. I guess it depends on what the situation is. Can you
provide more details?

OpenOffice will open MS Office documents and Wine can be used to
actually run Windows programs under Linux.

-- Ryan