[olug] Anybody tried "chandler" yet?

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 03:09:52 UTC 2003

The annual budget has produced a surprising amount of bitching about our email
set up this year.  We run POP3  on linux for 90% of our users.   It seems
they all want calendars, need calendars, can't live without... calendars.
I've been keeping my eye out for the mythical "Exchange Killer" app, and have
come to the conclusion that it doesn't exist.  Ximian looked hopeful, but who
knows what Novell will do with it.   Nobody seems interested in web-based
solution.
Today I found out about "chandler" from the Open Source Application Foundation
(OSAF) http://www.osafoundation.org/  Even though it will probably hit the
desktop too late for my purposes, it does look intriguing.  Anybody given it
a shot yet?

--
Dave Thacker