[olug] OpenLdap presentation

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Thu Oct 9 20:33:29 UTC 2003

On 9 Oct 2003, Ryan O'Rourke wrote:

> Date: 09 Oct 2003 14:39:26 -0500
> From: Ryan O'Rourke <ryano at ch-gifts.com>
> To: Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
> Subject: Re: [olug] OpenLdap presentation
>
> On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 14:40, Jon H. Larsen wrote:

> > > Am I missing something here? Why is it asking me for a password to open it?
>
> > Just press enter without a password.  It should work...
>
> Nope. It comes up with a password dialog box - 'OK', 'Cancel', and
> 'Help' are the options. Pressing enter just does nothing. 'Ok' is grayed
> out until something is typed. When I do type something and click 'OK' it
> tells me the password is incorrect and closes the application.
>
> -- Ryan

What version of OpenOffice are you running?  I'm using OpenOffice
1.1.0.  When I open the file, it comes up with the dialog box, and the OK
button is available, I click it and it's open.  I know that Adam didn't
put a password on it, but it added the password status flag on the file
(the presentation was created with Openoffice.org 1.1.0 RC4)

Save this one to your hard drive and try to load it:
http://www.levania.org/~relayer/olug/openldap_olug_presentation-nopass.sxi

Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer at levania dot org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org