[olug] RE: error w/ cdrdao - SOLVED

Brandon Lederer brandon at tolkien-movies.com
Wed Oct 8 01:11:39 UTC 2003

Well... For SOME reason now, back in 2.4.22 with the updated NVIDIA
drivers.... it seems to work better.... No processor usage at all... and
burning freakin fast CDs.  I will mention one thing that should be noted.
Theres no way to persay "check it"  but hdparm -d gives DMA info.  DMA was
on... but THEN there are several different modes.... and it couldve gotten
confused, because it said DMA during bootup.  Now it says PIO... but then DMA
is on when I check.

Well now it is definitely running UDMA Mode 5  (which is settable with the -X
on hdparm).... and MAN does it fly.

I gotta watch my screensaver though that uses 100% processor.... it will kill
a burn.  also Spam Assassin Launched from KMail doesnt seem too healthy
either.