[olug] Dreamweaver/Frontpage replacement

Tim Bornholtz tim at bornholtz.com
Tue Oct 7 13:25:46 UTC 2003

I've been searching for some sort of web site management tool for Linux
for a few months now and can't seem to find anything decent.  I'd like
something that is roughly equivilant to FrontPage or DreamWeaver.  Of
course, it would be nice if it generated *correct* HTML unlike those two
packages :-)

I can code HTML by hand in my sleep, but I'm just tired of doing that.
The sites I'm maintaining aren't anything fancy but they need updating
frequently.

Here's what I'd like:

Graphical WYSIWYG HTML editor
Connect to the FTP server and update pages in place
Be able to view the entire site structure

Any suggestions?

I do have Bluefish for an HTML editor (http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/)
and could probably use something like rsync to keep a local/remote
filesystem in sync, but it'd be nice to have a tool that just does that.

Thanks,
Tim