[olug] CompUSA USB ethernet thingy

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Mon Oct 6 17:27:50 UTC 2003

   I got one of those $25 CompUSA USB ethernet thingies this weekend -
its the size of your thumb, has a Realtek 8150 controller, and DeadRat
9.0 automagically recognized it when I plugged it in to my laptop.

   Wouldn't it be handy to have a laptop with two ethernet ports for
firewall demos and such? I thought so ...

   I just pounded a 407 meg tar file through it - 10:29 or 653
kbytes/sec - the onboard 3c590 in the same machine got the job done in
1:53 or 3600 kbytes/sec.

mailto:neal at lists.rauhauser.net
phone:402-301-9555
IM:Neal R Rauhauser
"After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic