[olug] RE: error w/ cdrdao - SOLVED

Brandon Lederer brandon at tolkien-movies.com
Sun Oct 5 01:07:05 UTC 2003

This didnt fix anything for me.  I did switch my driver to generic-mmc which
is what I was supposed to be using, whereas I had it autodetect.

20X Data CD burns seem to burn just fine.  step it up to 24X and I will buffer
underrun.  So i turn on burnproof, and complete a simulation.  It would have
buffer underrunned 18 times during that disc, at 24X  (half of what I should
be able to do).  It just keeps getting worse the faster you go.

When its burning at 24X, the mouse is CHUGGING across the screen and processor
usage is 100%.  does anyone have any ideas that might fix this so I can use
my burner faster?  Kernel options maybe that I am missing?