[olug] RE: error w/ cdrdao

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Sat Oct 4 14:55:55 UTC 2003

You're kidding about the drivers right?

The disk performance in windows is not better than under linux. Unless you
have an extremely small amount of memory, since the windows disk buffer
caches dont seem to perform as well......

Maybe the setup on the Linux side that you used was not optimized?

With ATA-Raid/1Gig memory, I've always gotten better performance under
Linux. And I can also start burning a CD, and switch to another desktop to
work on something else without worrying about making a shiny
CD-Coaster.(like some/most-times happens if you try to run many processes
at once on the windows side)