[olug] NFS Ports

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sun Nov 30 18:01:41 UTC 2003

   ipchains will allow you to handle source/destination port stuff
properly but as someone noted you will be vunerable to spoofed UDP packets.

   Perhaps you should look at IPsec between the systems - authentication
header(AH) is not a heavy load on the system and it neatly puts an end
to any UDP spoofing concerns. If you're worried about privacy you can
use encapsulation security payload(ESP) to encrypt the stuff as well.