[olug] PHP / getcwd() problem

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 04:18:16 UTC 2003

Hi ho,

I'm writing a PHP script so I can upload files to my webspace.

I'm trying to grab the full local path of the current directory.

$local_path = getcwd();
This (above) correctly gives me the full path on my local machine (Linux/PHP
4.2.2).  However, it produces nothing when I upload it to my web server (Net
BSD/PHP 4.3.3).

Is there something or someway to get around this?  Or is my web server's
php.ini set somehow to prevent me from doing this? (I don't control it the web
server.)

Thanks,
Eric Pierce