[olug] Question about Motorola Canopy wireless equipment

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Tue Nov 18 20:57:50 UTC 2003

   I replied a bit, looked closer, and we need to talk in person ... far
too complex for this venue. Canopy is the suck for what you want, so is
every other wireless internet player - you might very well want cirronet
for this job.

Eric Johnson wrote:
> Thanks for the response!
>
> Here's some clarification on our needs:
>
> 1) Everything will be stationary, environmental sensors or other equipment
> that is permanently installed in one place (on one end, at least). I don't
> want to say on the list exactly what this is for, although it's probably
> not hard to guess.

> 2) We can install antennae that will be above any crop canopy, but may
> experience line-of-sight issues from rolling terrain or trees.

   No line of sight, no connection. Cruddy line of site /w partially
blocked first fresnel zone? Maybe you get signal.

> 3) It does need to be fairly realtime.

    This ought to be good ... its gotta be some bovine reproduction
thing ... cowpr0n.org coming soon :-)