[olug] KVM for Sun & PC

IrishMASMS at olug.org IrishMASMS at olug.org
Tue Nov 18 21:51:08 UTC 2003

Two new Sun servers (V120 & V240) sitting here in my office, with USB for
keyboard & mouse. Going to place them in our new rack (when it arrives) -
and realize no one thought of a KVM solution. Doh!

Can I get a 'normal' USB KVM and have the Sun servers work ok? (I was told
the Sun systems needed a special KVM, but I was thinking that this is for
the older Sun PS2 keyboards)

Any thoughts or experiences on powered KVM vs non-powered KVM?

Can I get a 'normal' USB & PS2 KVM for my Sun systems and x86 systems that
I will be running BSD/Linux on?

Any other thoughts?

Irish