[olug] compter parts

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sun Nov 9 05:34:51 UTC 2003

<quote who="Phil Brutsche">
[snipped]

> Avoid DIT.
>
> For components, newegg.com.
>
> For pretty nifty pre-assembled machines, Dell.  They use quality parts,
> and a comparable hand-assembled "white box" with parts of similar
> quality and a legal version XP Home will cost darn near the same.  Their
>  factory refurbished machines are hard to beat - a few days ago I got in
>  (for a co-worker) a 2.2 Celeron, 128MB ram, 80GB HD, a 48X CD-ROM, a
> 48X  CD-RW, legal versions of XP Home and Office XP for $430+shipping.

I would also sugest avoiding DIT. And poosibly start avoiding Dell - my
most recent telephone tech support experience with their outsourced 'help'
had much to be desired.

BTW, how about submitting the links to the OLUG Web Links for when this
topic comes up again?
http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=AddLink
I will update the FAQ to point to our online resources once we get some
links added.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson