[olug] Fedora Install Initial Notes

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Fri Nov 7 15:36:46 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 09:15, Jon H. Larsen wrote:
> Screenshots from my Fedora install are available at:
>
> http://users.olug.org/~relayer/photos/fedora/
>
> My overall impression is it looks and feels better than Red Hat 9.  The
> new Gnome is nice.
[snip.]

I also installed Fedora 1 last night and the install was *extremely*
slow - around 2 hours for an upgrade from RedHat 9. Granted, this was on
some older hardware so the limitation could have been my cd-rom but I
was wondering if anyone else experienced slowness like this.
I'm going to try a fresh install via network tonight and see if things
speed up at all.

-- Ryan