[olug] compter parts, froogle.google.com, mwave

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Fri Nov 7 07:23:33 UTC 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:30:31 -0600
mescie <mescie at cox.net> wrote:

|I'm going to build a computer for my mom.I was in no hurry to get it
|done but things have changed and now I need to do it by christmas.I have
|some of the parts here at home but I still need to buy some
|things,(case,mobo,harddrive).I'd like to get it all on one site,can I
|have some opinions on some sites good or bad?

If you know specifically what hardware you are looking for, try searching
for the product on http://froogle.google.com  You'll come up with quite a
few hits, but hopefully get an idea for what a cheap 'online' price is,
and can compare some of those sites from there.

I was recently shoping for some parts for a new system for my father and
wanted one of those microATX pcs... not being able to find any locally, I
found a good price over at directron[1] and mwave[2] for some other parts,
and ebuyer[3] as well.  I honestly probably spent way too much time (days
over the spane of couple weeks) trying to find 'the best' price only to
save a couple bucks in the end compared to other online retailers.
There's some varying shipping costs, so you may save an extra $10-30 if
you can plot out the best deals at different stores... it is certainly
nice though to get it "all at one place" and not deal with the hassle of
multiple purchases.

Also, compgeeks.com has some deals on misc items.  For hard drives, the
big rebates are the best deals, so check the weekly ads or someplace like
http://slickdeals.net/.  I just read that some ppl got a 200gb hd for
$22![4]

[1] http://store.yahoo.com/directron/antecoverture.html
[2] www.mwave.com
[3] www.ebuyer.com
[4] http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3467#1
--
 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru