[olug] Redhat training seminar?

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 23:23:28 UTC 2003

--- neal rauhauser <neal at lists.rauhauser.net> wrote:

>      I've taught some Cisco and basic unix classes
> over the last year or
> so. I've talked to a couple of the training outfits
> in town about doing
> this and some of them have been receptive, but I
> lack a cirriculum.
>
>     I've developed one class on my own(Ciscocentric)
> and I think I'm
> going to do the same thing with Redhat. I don't want
> to do a full blown
> RHCE - way too much work, requires accreditation,
> etc, and is expensive.
> I am thinking that a two day course aimed at
> install, network config,
> Samba, DHCP, etc, is probably the right thing to
> start, but I'm going to
> need to test this stuff before I turn it loose on
> paying customers.
>

>    How many Windows guys are there on here who would
> want something like
> this? I'm probably going to do a Wednesday/Thursday
> time block and
> charge $49 for the privilege of being a guinea pig
> (you DID want your
> boss to let you out of work, didn't you? A real cost
> makes it a real class).
>

>    So, if this sounds interesting drop me a note -
> if I can find four
> guys who are willing to participate I think its
> going to be a go.

Neal-

I took basic Linux classes at Metro back in 2001, and
I still have the text books that I used to take the
course with along with alot of the handouts given in
the class.

If you want, I can loan them out to you, if you want
to develop a course.  These books are more for folks
that don't have any UNIX exp. and don't cover things
like Apache, Samba, MySQL.

-Chris

=====