[olug] Redhat training seminar?

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Mon Nov 3 06:56:04 UTC 2003

     I've taught some Cisco and basic unix classes over the last year or
so. I've talked to a couple of the training outfits in town about doing
this and some of them have been receptive, but I lack a cirriculum.

    I've developed one class on my own(Ciscocentric) and I think I'm
going to do the same thing with Redhat. I don't want to do a full blown
RHCE - way too much work, requires accreditation, etc, and is expensive.
I am thinking that a two day course aimed at install, network config,
Samba, DHCP, etc, is probably the right thing to start, but I'm going to
need to test this stuff before I turn it loose on paying customers.

   How many Windows guys are there on here who would want something like
this? I'm probably going to do a Wednesday/Thursday time block and
charge $49 for the privilege of being a guinea pig (you DID want your
boss to let you out of work, didn't you? A real cost makes it a real class).

   So, if this sounds interesting drop me a note - if I can find four
guys who are willing to participate I think its going to be a go.

mailto:neal at lists.rauhauser.net
phone:402-301-9555
IM:Neal R Rauhauser
"After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic