[olug] OpenOffice to PDF?

Kenton Brede xyf at nixnotes.org
Sat May 24 17:24:13 UTC 2003

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:51:26AM -0500, OBrien, Timothy  Irish  wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I have some OpenOffice documents saved in Word format so I can access them
> at work I need to. ;)
>
> Now I need to share one of these documents out; and would not like the
> docs changed in any way. The best & easy option I would think is to
> convert them to a PDF. But how do you do that with *nux?
>
> IIRC, there a command line I can run to change the .doc to a .pdf?

I'm no expert on the topic but did a google search for doc2pdf and found -
http://doc2pdf.sourceforge.net/

Have no idea how well this works but it looks interesting -
http://wheel.compose.cs.cmu.edu:8001/cgi-bin/browse/objweb

Looks like openoffice beta 1.1 will allow you to save the file directly
as .pdf.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3596

hth,
kent

--
"I am always doing that which I can not do,
   in order that I may learn how to do it." --Pablo Picasso