[olug] crontab -e problems

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Fri May 23 21:39:26 UTC 2003

Thing to check:

Look for an environment variable named VISUAL,  some programs use that to
find which editor to use.  A conflicting EDITOR vs VISUAL setting can have
some odd effects.

Check permissions on your /tmp directory and your crontab files.   If memory
serves, /tmp should have drwxrwxrwt permissions and be owned by root user
and group.  The crontab file itself shouuld be -rw-------

Nick Walter