[olug] .bash_profile and runlevels

Jay Swackhamer Jay at reboottheuser.com
Wed May 21 15:12:29 UTC 2003

You could add a startup script for your outnabout process
instead of starting it in your profile

i.e.
/etc/rc.d/init.d/wine_program_start

inside it have it call the startup startup script for your
OutnAbout process which sets up the environment, output, etc

i.e.
su - $USERNAME -c "/opt/wine_c/DIR1/startup.sh"

then add the boot rc script to runlevel 5

chkconfig --level 5 --add wine_program_start