[olug] .bash_profile and runlevels

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Wed May 21 14:19:27 UTC 2003

Right now I have a command in .bash_profile that starts up a Wine
session for an electronic In/Out board called "OutnAbout". The problem
is that .bash_profile tries to start multiple instances of the program
every time I log in remotely.
Basically, I want .bash_profile to look and see if the program is
running already and if so, not attempt to start it again.
Also, I'd like to tell .bash_profile to only attempt to start the
program if I'm in runlevel 5. Is that possible if I default to a text
login?
Using RedHat 8.0

Thank you.

-- Ryan