[olug] CUPS woes solved!

thehaas at binary.net thehaas at binary.net
Fri May 16 14:08:15 UTC 2003

I have won this particular Battle of the Printer.

I was about to give up, but I found this little nugget (thanks to Google,
of course):

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.hpofficejet.devel/561/match=1210

I did have a /usr/lib/libusb.so file, but I didn't have libusb installed,
which seems to weird to me.  So I installed libusb, re-compile hpoj, and
voila, it worked!  And there was much rejoicing.

Now, it's a great little printer/scanner.  The color is good, and the
scanning works quite well via xsane/GIMP.  The HP 1210v is on sale at
Target for $99, until Sunday I think.  But I still have a raincheck for
it, if someone is interested.

--
Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net