[olug] One Point Twenty-One Jigawatts

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Tue May 13 15:18:15 UTC 2003

I use an APC650 for 4 PC's at home, I usually have the monitors off, so
power drain is minimal,  havent had a problem yet with lightning strikes
(nocking on some wood).  My In-laws have had that whole-house surge
supression installed by OPPD, and in does cover every piece of electrical
equipment in the house that is plugged in,  however there are a few hoops
you must jump through to prove that it was fried by a lightning strike.

Trent