[olug] web sites for Linux newbies

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 19:32:20 UTC 2003

It would be nicer to have a installfest wrapup url
that points to these urls instead of a flyer...Flyers
are another thing you have to hold onto, gets lost,
destroyed, and why encourage more destruction of
trees?  Think 'what about the children.'

I think at one time I recommended putting a linux
n00bies url on the olug website

http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=3

But that is like asking my wife to get a beer for me
from the cooler, picking me up cold beer from the
liquor store or making dinner.

But if we must...

Linux News
http://newsforge.com/
http://linuxtoday.com/
http://linux.com/

Linux Help
http://www.linuxjunior.org/
http://www.learninglinux.com/

Linux Security
http://linuxsecurity.com/

Command Line Stuff
http://www.linuxcommand.org/

VIM
http://www.vim.org/

Linux Search Engine
http://www.google.com/linux

--- "OBrien, T; Omaha Linux Users Group (OLUG)"
<IrishMASMS at olug.org> wrote:
> I am starting to work on a handout for the newbie
> Linux/*uix folk. What
> sites would you reccomend to explain the basics
> (what is Linux, why use
> Linux, etc)?
>
> Here are six web sites I came up with:
> http://www.linux.org/
> http://www.li.org/
> http://www.tldp.org/
> http://www.justlinux.com/
> http://www.linuxhq.com/
> http://www.linux-laptop.net/
>
> Your opinions of them? Are there better ones to pass
> out?
>

> Next is a handout for applications & games....
>
> --
> A: No.
> Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my
> reply?

=====
"Fashion is buying clothes you can't afford to try to impress people you never know."

-BBC Commertary on a Fashion Show

GAIM ID:  cmmiller1973