[olug] scsi lockups

Adam Lassek hayai2 at cox.net
Sun May 11 02:27:21 UTC 2003

I'm loading Gentoo on my new server and I've been having some problems
with it. When I'm doing a large amount of I/O, such as making an image
of a drive or compiling software, my system keeps locking up completely.
The thing is, this only happens when I'm booted off of the kernel I
compiled. When I boot from the Gentoo LiveCD or the PartImage bootdisk
I've been using, I get no such problems. I've already tried swapping out
my scsi controller, cpus and ram; it doesn't seem as if I have bad
hardware. Can anybody suggest some things to check for that might cause
this?
--
Adam Lassek <hayai2 at cox.net>