[olug] Headless servers....serial terminal

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Fri May 9 15:01:54 UTC 2003

THat X windows post got me to thinking about some of my servers,  does
anyone have a working configuration  of a RH7.2 or higher box using the
serial port connecting to a terminl.  I have had this working in RH 6.2 and
below but havent gotten it to work in 7 and above.

My lilo.conf for the old boxes use the console=ttyS0,9600

and my inittab  has the S0:234:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS0 DT9600 vt100

again this owrks for RH6.2 and below, but cant get it to work for RH 7 and
above.

Trent

               \\\///
              / _  _ \