[olug] Good article zero- and small-footprint Linux distributions

Kevin Lanik codecarpenter at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 06:32:36 UTC 2003

I started with Mandrake 7.something and the install was no harder than any windows install. Now on 9.1 the install is a dream, so I'm not sure where he's coming from there. The only time I had the amount of difficulty he described was in my OS class when I was attempting to install a mach4 system... I do, however, agree that Knoppix, Morphix and the SuSE live eval projects represent a good step forward for folks who want to test the waters before devoting a partition to Linux.

IrishMASMS <IrishMASMS at olug.org> wrote:Langa Letter: Getting the Right Linux Footprint

It's never been easy to install Linux, but Fred Langa explores the best
available tools and finds reason for hope.

By InformationWeek
May 5, 2003 (12:00)

Comments??

--
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?