[olug] Unix Rosetta Stone and TOra (and please unsubscribe the Unix Tips)

olug olug at phpconsulting.com
Wed May 7 05:03:53 UTC 2003

OLUG'ers:

After this evening's OLUG meeting, I promised a few people to email them
these links.  These are some general-interest items, so why not share the
love with the whole list?

The Rosetta Stone for Unix is an especially helpful tool if you're in any
sort of mixed unix/linux environment.  I prefer the subtitle of the page
which is:  "What do they call that in this world?"
	http://bhami.com/rosetta.html

Secondly, TOra is an open source graphical database interaction tool which
is focused on Oracle, but which can also be useful with MySQL and the
unstoppable, useful postgres:
	http://www.globecom.se/tora/

Mat Caughron
PHP Consulting

Oh, and one more thing... I'd like to recast my vote to remove the unix
tips from this list.  Anyone who wants those tips can get them directly
from ugu.com and the OLUG list already has sufficient locally-focused
traffic.  I simply fail to see any need to ratchet up the noise-to-signal
ratio.  As a final note, having an auto-post goes against the whole
purpose of a mailing list which is to facilitate communication between
people, not between machines.  Why not let those folks who want to
discuss unix tips forward them individually to the list with their
comments instead of dragging the entire readership along for every single
unix tip?  Well, do what you will.  That's my 2 euros.