[olug] Buffer overflow attacks (was: Security Vulnerability Disclosures)

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Mar 26 20:41:04 UTC 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:51:29 -0600
"Daniel G. Linder" <dlinder at iprevolution.com> wrote:

|On a similar vein to Eric's note, I was wondering if anyone has seen a
|document describing buffer overflow attacks?  I know "what" they are, and
|I have a good idea of the steps involved, but I was wondering if someone
|with actual experience :O had ever documented his/her steps?

smashing the stack for fun and profit
http://www.phrack.com/show.php?p=49&a=14

theres other docs out there, but thats like the most noted.  I'll look
around if I get a chance, I found several sites once specifically
dedicated to buffer overflow techniques and documentation on the subject.

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru